Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Living Room

The living room has been pretty much just simple and functional since we moved in. We painted the whole downstairs Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace, bought these simple full length linen curtains, had the built in TV space redone which was a fabulous job. We bought this very comfy cozy Comfort Sectional from Pottery Barn, threw down a zebra rug and got a few yummy pillows in a bolder zebra print and a faux sheepskin. I put my floor lamps and Nantucket cube end tables from the city in here and hung up my favorite For Like Ever Limited Edition gold poster by Vllg.
It's pretty much stayed this way while we've been well living and doing other bits around the house..



This is a rough sketch I did of the floorplan of the room:

As you can see it was functional (especially functional with the wet bar on hand) but has that "space I couldn't figure out to do with" and also needs a little vavoom.

Here are some pictures of the room before we moved in. The previous owner styled the house really well I think.. very clean look.. This built in was redone in December to fit a larger flat screen and to update the cabinets a bit.

Yesterday I was in Pier 1 Imports, a store I rarely go in, and found the wicker chair in the mood board below on a serious markdown, like to good to pass when you have "a space you don't know what to do with but was thinking 2 occasional chairs for cocktails" This chair was $63 down from $300. Now I'm not a huge wicker fan, it has to be the right kind or I think it can look not so cute, but I liked this chair. So I bought the chair and the next day, went back for the pillows and found a second matching one so I have them home set up in the space and I like them a lot. It has got me motivated to give the living room some love so I've hung my 20 martinis are plenty print by Stephen Pitliuk and I'm eyeing this Apothecary Floor Lamp from Ballard Designs for reading on said chairs. I think this Sheepskin Pouf/Ottoman from West Elm would be fun, continue the texture from the throw pillows on the sectional to this end of the room and I like texture especially when it doubles as a kid friendly piece. The Henriette table from Ballard Designs is what I had in mind to place between the chairs. I'll post the final look when it gets there!

No comments:

Post a Comment